When Joe Biden assumed the Presidency, Democrats probably hoped Donald Trump would simply recede into the shadows. The balance of power had shifted in D.C., after all.
But all indications are that the former Commander-in-Chief isn’t going anywhere. He remains very active in the political sphere, making statements and speaking out against the new administration.
And that isn’t all — now Trump is taking things a step further.
During his time in office, the former President had a fiery presence on social media. His Twitter account was subject to plenty of controversy and Trump-centric posts were often under heavy scrutiny.
Trump himself called out the apparent Big Tech censorship more than once.
Now, perhaps as a partial response to that, Trump has plans to launch a new haven of sorts for Conservatives and Republicans. It could also be a big help if he decides to run again in 2024.
Either way, this new social media option does appear very real.
Former President Donald Trump’s senior advisor Jason Miller said Sunday on Fox News Channels ‘MediaBuzz’ that Trump will be launching a social media platform in the next few months.
Host Howard Kurtz mentioned that Trump had been kicked off Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. And he wanted to know if Donald would attempt to re-enter the social media sphere.
Miller’s answer quickly got a lot of attention.
He said the former POTUS would likely return to social media in “about two or three months” and “with his own platform.” That’s a huge endeavor and it could really shake things up:
This is something that I think will be the hottest ticket in social media. It’s going to completely redefine the game.
Everyone will be waiting and watching to see what exactly President Trump does. But it will be his own platform.
Kurtz wanted to clarify whether or not it would be Trump’s own platform, or if he’d create it with the help of another company.
Miller wasn’t able to answer that but he did say “there have been a lot of high-powered meetings,” and more than one company has approached Trump about this possibility.
In the end, even though Trump’s platform would be starting from scratch, Miller vows it’s “going to be big.” In fact, he concluded by saying:
He’s going to bring millions and millions, tens of millions of people to this new platform.
Of course, trying to compete with the likes of Twitter and Facebook is supremely difficult. It would require an immense amount of funding and advertising to even get off the ground.
But if there’s one man who could swing it, it’s probably Donald Trump.
Besides his wealth and massive influence, he retains many millions of supporters. And a lot of those supporters have been sick of the established social media kingpins for some time.
They’ve seen reported examples of Trump – and Trump fans – being censored, silenced, and ultimately kicked out, and they might be itching for an alternative.
Remember, other more Conservative-centric sites like Parler, Gab and MeWe have managed to succeed, so Trump’s platform might really have a great chance.
- Former President Donald Trump is reportedly planning to launch his own social media network.
- Trump’s senior adviser, Jason Miller, says it’s going to happen in the “next two or three months.” And he thinks it’ll “bring tens of millions” of fans.
- Many of Trump’s followers have become disenchanted with the major players like Facebook and Twitter.