Rep. Adam Schiff’s time in Congress has not been stellar. The former Hollywood screenwriter has staked his reputation on impeaching Donald Trump and slandering his supporters. But time and again, Schiff was caught telling less than the truth. He claimed he had evidence proving Trump’s guilt, only to be proven false.
House Republicans were sick and tired of Schiff’s legacy of deception. So, they mounted a campaign to censure Schiff over his false claims. This would have been a powerful rebuke against a Democrat who has made a career out of falsehoods. But at the last minute, twenty Republicans betrayed the party.
From Fox News:
Twenty Republicans in the House of Representatives sided with most Democrats Wednesday in voting to set aside a resolution that would have censured Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., for insisting that former President Donald Trump colluded with Russia to win the 2016 election.
The 225-196 vote effectively killed the resolution introduced by Rep. Anna Paulina Luna, R-Fla., and included two other Republican lawmakers voting “present” along with five Democrats.
And here they are:
- Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky.
- Rep. Kelly Armstrong, R-N.D.
- Rep. Lori Chavez-DeRemer, R-Ore.
- Rep. Juan Ciscomani, R-Ariz.
- Rep. Tom Cole, R-Okla.
- Rep. Warren Davidson, R-Ohio
- Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick, R-Pa.
- Rep. Kay Granger, R-Texas
- Rep. Garret Graves, R-La.
- Rep. Thomas Kean, R-N.J.
- Rep. Kevin Kiley, R-Calif.
- Rep. Young Kim, R-Calif.
- Rep. Michael Lawler, R-N.Y.
- Rep. Tom McClintock, R-Calif.
- Rep. Marcus Molinaro, R-N.Y.
- Rep. Jay Obernolte, R-Calif.
Twenty Republicans stabbed the party in the back to vote against a censure of Adam Schiff. One of them was Thomas Massie, of Kentucky who claimed he opposed it over a possible $16 million fine. The fine was only a recommendation, though, and the censure could have passed without it.
So, why did he bail out this crooked Democrat? And why did the rest of these Republicans do the same?
Would Schiff have done the same for any one of them? Democrats, for all their flaws, are united. They will move heaven and earth to bail out their members, even if they are as guilty as sin. But we can’t say the same for Republicans.
All too often, Republicans will turn on each other if it can help their careers. Too many Republicans will break from the party, violating the supposed convictions and values, if it would benefit their political advancement. That is why the party is polluted with RINOs and pro-abortion advocates when Democrats would never dream of turning on their party.
Perhaps voters need to take a look at these twenty and rethink their support of them.
- Twenty House Republicans turned on the party to bail out Democrat Adam Schiff.
- Republicans wanted to censure Schiff over his lies against Donald Trump.
- These 20 sided with Democrats to vote against the censure, sparing Schiff.
Source: Fox News